Community First Bursaries 2013
Communities First Awards are for students who come to Cardiff University from Welsh Communities First areas as designated by the Welsh Assembly Government and have a household income below £42,611.
Eligible students receive either a £1,000 university residence fee discount paid directly to their University owned Halls or £500 travel bursary in their first year.
The bursary is paid in 3 instalments. Travel bursaries will normally be paid between the 4th and 6th week of each term.
This payment may be paid in addition to the Cardiff University Bursary. Communities First bursaries are open to NHS funded students.
- Be eligible for Welsh student funding (for living costs)
- Be starting a full time undergraduate course in 2013
- Have a compete assessment with a household income under £42611
- Be in attendance at the payment dates.
- Live in a communities First area, (To check if you live in a community First area please type your post code into our calculator )
There is no application process. Eligible students will be identified at the start of their course and income details confirmed from the information provided when applying for student funding, (do remember to give consent to share information with the university if you wish to be considered for this bursary). You will however be contacted via your university e-mail account to confirm your award and regarding payment. NHS students will be contacted and will be asked to provide evidence of their funding to confirm eligibility.
For more information or any queries please contact Sheila King on BursariesandScholarships@Cardiff.ac.uk or on 02920879128.