Cardiff University Bursaries
Cardiff University offer bursaries based on a students household income to full time UK undergraduate students who started their course at Cardiff University after 2006. Eligibility depends on a students assessed household income and their domicile.
- There is no application process; but do remember to give consent to share your household income with Cardiff University when you apply for student funding.
- We will automatically review your eligibility and notify you if you are eligible in the first term; normally by letter to your home address .
- You can view a copy of your award letter under correspondence on your Student Loans Company account (not your SIMS account)
- If you or your parents have not given consent to share your financial information with Cardiff University when you applied for student funding you can do so by contacting your award authority, (SFW 0300 200 4050, SFE 0300 100 0607, SFNI 0300 100 0077 or SAAS).
Payment Dates 30th January 2015 13th March 2015
The bursary is paid in 2 equal instalments, 50% in January and 50% in March.
You are paid via the Student Loans Company to the same bank account as your student loan is paid into.
Award Levels and Terms and conditions
Bursary award levels vary depending on the year you started your degree (or higher education for student funding purposes), click on the relevant year from the list below for terms and conditions and bursary levels.
New students starting higher education in 2014 can use our student funding calculator to see what level of funding they could receive from Cardiff University.
Students whose fees are paid by the NHS are not eligible for these awards.
- On Payment , including change of bank account,
- On Correspondence ,including change of address or copies of letters
- For a Change of Circumstances including course or registration changes, withdrawal or placement years
- Principle exclusions to the Cardiff University bursary scheme
Please note that household incomes used to determine your Cardiff University bursary is determined by award authority assessments only. Please refer to the regulations applying to your award authority. You can receive a Cardiff University Bursary if you have not taken out a student loan but your household income must be assessed by your award authority and the information shared with Cardiff University.
Any other queries
If you wish to speak to us in person please contact us on BursariesandScholarships@Cardiff.ac.uk or on 029 2087 9320 / 9128