For students who started their courses in 2011.
In 2011 the Welsh government chose to pay bursaries to Welsh students through enhancing Assembly Learning grants by up to £600 The exact amount is determined by your household income as assessed by your local education authority.
The 2011 Cardiff University bursary pays a similar level of support to UK students who do not receive an Assembly Learning Grant.
- You must be a full time undergraduate student at Cardiff University
- You must qualify for UK student funding for living costs
- Your household income must be assessed as under £50,020 by your award authority
- You must be paying tuition fees of over £3000
- You must have commenced your course in 2011
- You must not be in receipt of an Assembly Learning grant.
NHS funded students are excluded from this bursary scheme.
Value of Bursary
Household Income up to £34,000 £600
Household Income £34,000 to £50,020 £300
Students on a placement year who are in need of additional financial support should apply to the Financial Contingency Fund.