AREAS of Expertise
Interdisciplinary approaches: (Literary) Translation, Literature in Translation
- Professor Richard Gwyn, Dr Laurent Milesi.
Politics of Location
- Ecocriticism/ Literature and Environment: Professor Damian Walford Davies, Professor Katie Gramich, Professor Carl Phelpstead, Dr Aidan Tynan, Dr James Castell.
- Globalisation: Professor Ann Heilmann (neo-Victorianism and the global 19th century), Professor Martin Kayman (cultural politics of English in the world).
- Irish Studies: Professor Katie Gramich, Dr Jane Moore, Dr Aidan Tynan.
Welsh Writing in English: Professor Katie Gramich, Professor Richard Gwyn, Dr Rob Gossedge, Professor Damian Walford Davies.
- Postcolonial Studies: Professor Bill Bell, Professor Radhika Mohanram, Dr Carl Plasa
Print and Digital
- Archival Studies: Dr Carrie Smith, Professor Julia Thomas.
- Book History, Manuscript and Print Culture: Professor Bill Bell, Dr Melanie Bigold, Dr Anthony Mandal.
- Digital Humanities and Visual Cultures: Dr Anthony Mandal, Dr Laurent Milesi, Professor Julia Thomas.
- Textual Studies and Literary Editing: Professor Martin Coyle, Professor Ann Heilmann, Dr Anthony Mandal. Dr Jane Moore.
- Historicism: Professor Damian Walford Davies (counter-Romanticism), Dr Rob Gossedge (neo-medievalism), Professor Ann Heilmann (neo-Victorianism), Dr Anthony Mandal (neo-Gothic).
- Literary and Critical Theory: Dr Neil Badmington, Dr Laurent Milesi, Dr Josh Robinson, Dr James Castell.
- Marxism: Dr Andrew Edgar (Philosophy), Dr Josh Robinson.