The 4th LinC Summer School and Workshop in Systemic Functional Linguistics
Location: Cardiff University, Wales
Date: September 2016, August 31 - September 2
The goal of the summer school is to offer training and scholarship in both understanding the Systemic Functional Linguistic (SFL) theory of language and applying it to real-world challenges.
Our 2016 team of instructors includes:
- Chris Taylor, Università di Trieste
- Geoff Thompson, University of Liverpool
- Gerard O’Grady, Cardiff University
- Gordon Tucker, Cardiff University
- Jorge Arus Hita, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Lise Fontaine, Cardiff University
- Mick O’Donnell, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Miriam Taverniers, Ghent University
- Mohamed Bardi, Macquarie University
- Paul Tench, Cardiff University
- Robin Fawcett, Cardiff University
- Tom Bartlett, Cardiff University
- William McGregor, Universität Trier
As in previous years, the summer school offers two parallel courses:
1.Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics
2.SFL and Languages other than English
Call for Poster Presentations
Participants at the summer school are encouraged to submit an abstract for a Poster Presentation. Accepted proposals will be presented at a poster session. Deadline for submissions is May 1st 2016. Send abstracts of 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is not yet open but should be available from late 2015.
Details about accommodation will be posted as soon as registration is open.