The 4th LinC Summer School and Workshop in Systemic Functional Linguistics
Location: Cardiff University, Wales
Date: August 31 - September 2, 2016
The goal of the summer school is to offer training and scholarship in both understanding the Systemic Functional Linguistic (SFL) theory of language and applying it to real-world challenges.
Our 2016 team of instructors includes:
- Chris Taylor, Università di Trieste
- Geoff Thompson, University of Liverpool
- Gerard O’Grady, Cardiff University
- Gordon Tucker, Cardiff University
- Jorge Arus Hita, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Lise Fontaine, Cardiff University
- Mick O’Donnell, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Miriam Taverniers, Ghent University
- Mohamed Bardi, Macquarie University
- Paul Tench, Cardiff University
- Robin Fawcett, Cardiff University
- Tom Bartlett, Cardiff University
- William McGregor, Universität Trier
As in previous years, the summer school offers two parallel courses:
1.Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics
2.SFL and Languages other than English
Call for Poster Presentations
Participants at the summer school are encouraged to submit an abstract for a Poster Presentation. Accepted proposals will be presented at a poster session. Deadline for submissions is May 1st 2016. Send abstracts of 500 words to email@example.com.
Registration is not yet open but should be available from late 2015. If you would like to register your interest in attending the summer school and workshop, please send us your details using this form.
Details about accommodation will be posted as soon as registration is open.