The School offers a range of research-led MA degrees that reflects its research interests and publications. Each degree is finely tuned to meet the specialist needs of students wishing to achieve a higher level of learning and to enhance employability.
MA degrees are at once a self-contained qualification and also preparation for PhD research. They combine taught courses and a 20,000-word (maximum) dissertation or, in the case of Creative Writing, a portfolio of work. They are recognised as indicating higher abilities and skills in the holder of the degree. We offer the following programmes:
- MA in Critical and Cultural Theory
- MA/Diploma in Applied Linguistics
- MA/Diploma in Language and Communication Research
- MA/Diploma in Forensic Linguistics
- MA in English Literature
- MA in Creative Writing
- MA in Analytic and Modern European Philosophy
- MA in Ethics and Social Philosophy
The School welcomes applicants from students from outside the United Kingdom. More information is provided on our International Students page.