Cardiff Work Environment Research Centre (CWERC)
The Cardiff Work Environment Research Centre (CWERC), a centre of excellence for research, undertakes research in the areas of the work environment, health and safety, work and well-being, and related subjects; providing an authoritative source of expert advice on these topics, and contributing to the future of policy development in the UK and further afield.
In addition to its research activities, CWERC also:
- fosters engagement and encourages impact of research: dissemination of research locally, nationally and internationally, through undertaking seminars, workshops, conferences and the publication of books and working papers
- creation and development of toolkits to assist in the functional uptake of health and safety information in the workplace
- maintenance and development of national and international links across academic, business, regulatory and governmental settings
- Undertaking briefings, contributing advice and commissioned work with trade unions, employers, insurance organisations, community organisations, professional, regulatory and related bodies.
- Developing linked educational activity, focused at postgraduate and professional levels.
In addition, Professor Walters is Editor in Chief of the journal, Policy and Practice in Health and Safety (PPHS), published by IOSH. The journal, brings you the best academic and policy discourse on health and safety. It is useful if you practice, teach, research or study health and safety regulation and management. PPHS is published twice a year. Volumes are accessible both online and in hardcopy to subscribers.
CWERC is sponsored by Institution of Occupational Safety and Health ( IOSH ).
The Centre benefits from close working relationships with well recognised individuals in academia, local government, regulatory bodies and European experts.