What We Do
CUREMeDE’s aims are:
- To create networks of multidisciplinary collaboration and a forum for research discussion.
CUREMeDE is a way of linking people who are researching the education and training of health professionals. CUREMeDE networks can provide support for those preparing bids or working on research or evaluation projects.
- To bid for and win external funding.
CUREMeDE secures external funding for projects. Some studies are undertaken as part of core-funding.
- To ensure findings from research and evaluation transfer to practice.
CUREMeDE recognises the importance of knowledge mobilisation. The Wales Postgraduate Deanery provides the link between the Unit and the day-to-day practice of postgraduate medical and dental education. Formal dissemination is through meetings, conference presentations and publications.
The success of the CUREMeDE is realised in terms of:
- securing research funding
- completing collaborative research and evaluation projects
- translating findings into practice and publications