- Jean Hillier, RMIT University, Melbourne, AustraliaMonday 16th February 2015 - 4:30pm
The construction-event of the Little Lonsdale Street Women's VD Clinic in 1919 in Melbourne, Australia represents a folding together of the planes of reference - and their associated assemblages - of health/medicine, town planning and moral purity.
- Marc Higgin, University of AberdeenTuesday 17th February 2015 - 4:00pm
Please join us for this Environment Research Group Seminar featuring Marc Higgin, University of Aberdeen, taking place in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
Smart Specialisation and Regional Innovation: Challenges and Opportunities Facing Less Developed Innovation SystemsSpeaker list to be updated soon...Wednesday 4th March 2015 - 9:00am
The concept of Smart Specialisation for research and innovation has gathered significant momentum through its adoption by the European Commission as a condition for the approval of EU Structural Fund programmes.
- Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire UniversityTuesday 17th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Be it through smart phones or dedicated devices, our bodies, lives and activities are being tracked, measured and quantified, like never before.
- Dr Jennifer Gabrys, University of LondonTuesday 28th April 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Goldsmiths, University of London, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Julian Dobson, Urban pollinator, sense maker, writer and editorTuesday 28th April 2015 - 5:30pm
Julian Dobson, author of the newly published How to Save Our Town Centres, will ask what kind of investments will create places where people want to live and socialise - and who are the real investors in our towns and cities.
- Tuesday 9th June 2015 - 10:00am
The previous event was described by one Head of Geography as: 'Thoughtful, intelligent and one of the best training courses I have ever attended as a teacher.'