- Speaker list enclosedThursday 5th March 2015 - 5:30pm
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL! Sustainability Focus 2015 takes place at Cardiff University from 23rd February - 6th March 2015. The School will collaborate with the Sustainable Places Research Institute to provide a Sustainable Food Debate on 5th March
- Dr Dimitris Potoglou, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 11th March 2015 - 5:30pm
This seminar provides an overview of evidence collected across Europe’s 27 Member States (excluding Croatia) on citizens’ preferences between security and privacy in real-life contexts
- Dr Paul Barratt, Staffordshire UniversityTuesday 17th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Be it through smart phones or dedicated devices, our bodies, lives and activities are being tracked, measured and quantified, like never before.
Researcher Positionality in Practice: Uncanny Reflections and the Case of Compulsive Behaviour of People with Tourette SyndromeDiana Beljaars, PhD Research Student, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 18th March 2015 - 1:00pm
Research student Diana Beljaars will provide a lunch hour seminar as part of the Environment Research Group Seminar Series.
- Andrew Jones, Mott MacDonaldWednesday 25th March 2015 - 4:00pm
Andrew Jones will talk about a transport planning project in Gibraltar that has just finished so attendants will gain insight into a real transport planning exercise.
- Anna Minton, Writer and JournalistWednesday 25th March 2015 - 5:30pm
Anna Minton is a writer and journalist and Visiting Professor at the University of East London. She will be talking about her book, ‘Ground Control: Fear and happiness in the 21st century city’ (Penguin 2012).
- Dr Jon Anderson, School of Planning and GeographyTuesday 21st April 2015 - 5:30pm
This talk explores the relations between human geography and literature. It introduces how pages and places can be understood relationally, focusing on the active role that literature plays in constructing our understandings of place.
- Dr Jennifer Gabrys, University of LondonTuesday 28th April 2015 - 4:00pm
Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Goldsmiths, University of London, joins the Environment Research Group Seminar series in the Glamorgan Building Council Chamber.
- Julian Dobson, Urban pollinator, sense maker, writer and editorTuesday 28th April 2015 - 5:30pm
Julian Dobson, author of the newly published How to Save Our Town Centres, will ask what kind of investments will create places where people want to live and socialise - and who are the real investors in our towns and cities.
- Mike Biddulph, School of Planning and GeographyWednesday 29th April 2015 - 5:30pm
Bring your own popcorn and join the Spatial Planning and City Environments Research Group to watch this documentary film by Andrea Dalsgaard in which Jan Gehl's critique and vision of public space design are explored.