Prof Damien Murphy - PhD CChem FRSC
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 75850
Fax:+44 (0)29 208 74030
Research Group: Physical Chemistry
See also: EPR/ENDOR Spectroscopy Research Group
The research interests of the group focus on a number of topics including:
- Structure and reactivity of paramagnetic centres (reactive oxygen species, defects) on polycrystalline oxides. Nature and reactivity of surface trapped electrons on oxides.
- Understanding the fundamental steps involved in the stabilisation and reactivity of charge carrier states as a function of surface morphology (anisotropic photochemical reactivity).
- Structure - function relationships and mechanistic pathways in homogeneous enantioselective catalysis, as probed by multi-frequency ENDOR.
- Role of paramagnetic redox centres in selective oligomerisation catalysis.
- Orientation selective ENDOR spectroscopy for structure determination in frozen solution
The group utilises both continuous wave (CW) and Pulsed EPR/ENDOR techniques at both X- and Q-band frequencies.
For more information, click on the 'Research' tab above.
CH3410 Advanced Magnetic Resonance