Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
- This particular species holds the record as the longest snake in the world at 10 meters, although these individuals are now uncommon in Borneo. Although known for their length their bodies are slender in comparison.
- They can live for as long as 30-40 years, occurring in rainforest, woodland and grassland; it is also known that they are excellent swimmers.
- A female python can lay as many as 100 eggs at a time which are soft shelled and white in colour; they take between 70-90 days to hatch.
- They are non-venomous constrictors able to consume prey up to a quarter of their own body weight with a diet that includes mammals and occasionally birds.
- A recent sighting has been made of a 3.5m reticulated python on the Kayu malam trail in Danau Girang.