How to Apply
1st October is the preferred start date for PhDs. However, 1st January, 1st April and 1st July are also acceptable.
When to apply:
Applications can be made at any time during the year.
How to apply:
You will need to complete an Online Application
Guidelines on completing and submitting your application form:
- Select the course title who wish to apply with a desired mode of attendance and intake date. Ex: PhD (Biosciences) Full-time to start on 1st October 2011
- Create New User (if not already registered)
- Follow instructions online with the following exceptions:
- Under 'Title/topic of proposed research project', type in the project title (if you are applying for a specific project) or a research area available within the School (ex: Neuroscience)
- If you are applying for an advertised project, there is no requirement to complete a research proposal. Instead, include the project title in the space available. If you are applying with your own project, you must submit a research proposal.
- In place of personal statement, you must write as to why you want to undertake a research study (approximately 500 words).
- In answer to the question ‘How do you plan to fund your studies?’, please specify the details and upload any documents proving the evidence (ex: letter of confirmation of scholarship). If you are applying to a funded studentship/project, please specify that ‘I will apply for a scholarship’ (you would automatically receive the fellowship should you be successful following your application). Applicants will be invited for interview prior to award of the Fellowships.
Supporting documentation including references will be required in order to make a decision on the application.
For any enquiries about the application process, please contact:
The Postgraduate Admissions Office
PO Box 927